About the Job
Highly respected and rapidly expanding Mechanical consulting firm has an immediate need for a Commissioning Engineer in their Redmond, Washington office. The company focuses on diverse and recognized projects throughout the world and has a significant backlog. The selected individual will be presented with unlimited growth potential in addition to stability and a very competitive compensation package.
DB Engineering is a growing mechanical engineering company providing outstanding expertise in building HVAC system design, energy management, commissioning, and facility management support. Our backlog of customers shares our passion to use the latest technologies to improve building performance and occupant comfort while contributing to the reduction of the environmental impact on our planet. With a job at DB Engineering, you will join a team that provides cutting-edge solutions for world-class projects. DB Engineering is made up of passionate, super-smart, energetic people who will challenge and inspire you every day.
If you want to be a part of something exciting and unique, while sharing an ambition to make a difference and continually learn, please apply.
As a Commissioning Engineer, you will perform engineering duties in-house and on customer sites to accomplish the final commissioning and testing of building systems. We are looking for an individual that shares our company vision and can function independently, collaborate with others and manage multiple assignments.
- Support efforts as assigned by the Commissioning Authority
- Provide existing building HVAC systems analysis. Employ a holistic approach to system evaluation, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and recommend solutions and optimization.
- Provide commissioning review of design documents
- Develop, coordinate and execute commissioning plan and test scripts
- Verification of MEP system installation
- Conduct system functional testing
- Manipulate controls system and/or coordinate with control contractor to execute testing
- Provide construction and commissioning administration
- Prepare reports for site investigation and commissioning
- Interface with Owners, Contractors and Consultants
- Project Management Duties to identify, track and resolve issues
- Review Operation and Maintenance Manuals
- Review training agenda and as-built documents
- Perform owner and facility manager training
- Become familiar with the city requirements for retro-commissioning and building tune-ups
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, preferred but not required
1-4 years of experience as a commissioning engineer
Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving aptitude
On the job experience troubleshooting commercial mechanical and control systems
Flexibility to manage multiple tasks and meet schedule deadlines
Professional attitude and commitment to high quality work
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office and Bluebeam software.
LEED A.P. preferred but not required
This is a full-time position. Salary is dependent on experience. Benefits include; Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K with 4% company match, an innovative and flexible paid time off policy and a company cell phone plan. Candidate must be a US citizen or have a H1B Visa. Candidate will be subject to a background check.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Recruiters or Agents Please