12 years experience
About the Job
Highly respected and rapidly expanding Mechanical consulting firm has an immediate need for an experienced Mechanical Engineer in their San Jose California office. The company focuses on diverse and recognized projects throughout the world and has a significant backlog. The selected individual will be presented with unlimited growth potential in addition to stability and a very competitive compensation package.
San Jose, California
DB Engineering is a growing mechanical engineering company providing outstanding expertise in building HVAC system design, energy management, commissioning, and facility management support. Our backlog of customers shares our passion to use the latest technologies to improve building performance and occupant comfort while contributing to the reduction of the environmental impact on our planet. With a job at DB Engineering, you will join a team that provides cutting-edge solutions for world-class projects. DB Engineering is made of passionate, super-smart, energetic people who will challenge and inspire you every day.
If you want to be a part of something exciting and unique, while sharing an ambition to make a difference and continually learn, please apply.
Responsible for providing strategic direction, marketing and business development, and developing a strong team of building system engineers and data analysts to support the ongoing growth of the organization.
Service Line Accountabilities – Workload Management and Solution Quality:
- Overseeing the solution development process provide effective options and solutions to system problems, mitigating DB Engineering’s exposure and protecting client relationships.
- Develop standards and procedures for, quality, efficiency, safety, cost reduction, client service and ensure they are followed.
- Forecast workload for staffing targets and determine ideal staff mix.
- Manage cost and time components to ensure profitability.
- Actively contribute to a culture of peer review.
- Provides leadership to the development and maintenance of tools and standards.
- Coordinates with the Project Managers to ensure that project budgets and schedules are achieved.
- Develop direct reports’ Career Paths and provide performance appraisals.
Regional Accountabilities – Client Relationships and Operational Management:
- Lead the preparation of proposals for major projects.
- Support the development of lasting relationships with clients.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Participate in the recruitment and termination of staff.
- Manage, motivate, train, mentor, and discipline direct reports according to company policies and guidelines.
- Employees are required to adhere to the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or diploma in Engineering Technology
- Professional Engineering license required
- Professional Engineering license in the State of California preferred
- 12+ years’ experience in building system operation, engineering or related field.
- Experience in a leadership, supervisory or mentorship role
- Excellent interpersonal skills: a person who listens well, respects diversity of opinions and has an open, clear and succinct communication style.
- Strong presentation and project management skills.
- The ability to recognize and accurately define problems and solutions by collecting data and establishing facts to draw valid conclusions.
- A result oriented and decisive individual with the ability to delegate effectively.
- A people-oriented leader with a reputation for successfully attracting, mentoring and motivating a team.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple priorities, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
- Strong contacts in the building design, construction and operation community and a persuasive presentation and communication style.
- Experience and good judgement to plan and accomplish ambitious but achievable goals.
- Ability to represent the company to the staff, clients and community by ensuring the best image is presented.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Ability to facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Possesses strong understanding in the area of building design, construction and operation.
- Application knowledge of DB Engineering systems and programs (including Vision, Career Path, MS Office, discipline specific data analytics and visualization software, etc.)
- Able to interpret basic multi-disciplinary drawings, basic plan and profile drawings.
- Self-starter and strong desire to succeed
- Understand the ethical application of technical work.
- High sense of integrity
This is a full-time position. Salary is dependent on experience. Benefits include Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K with 4% company match, an innovative and flexible paid time off policy and a company cell phone plan. Candidate must be a US citizen or have a H1B Visa. Candidate will be subject to a background check.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Recruiters or Agents Please